Xhorse Key Reader:its Performance in Deciphering Honda, BMW, and Benz Keys
Xhorse Key Reader: A Review of its Performance in Deciphering Honda, BMW, and Benz Keys
Review1: Successfully decoded Honda HON58R
Instead of putting the key on the Dolphin XP-005 clamp to decode before cutting, this time I’ ll use the new tool Xhorse XDKR00GL Key Reader for a test.
The Dolphin probes usually scan the key and sometimes break so that I have to order a whole bunch. It’ s said Key Reader can avoid the problem. However, I’ d like to try if it’ s as amazing as it says.
Since the Xhorse devices all work in tandem, let’ s make a review with several key blades right now.
Review2: Successfully decoded BMW HU92R
- Steps on VVDI Key Tool Max
- Optical identification > > Acura > > TL > > HON58R > > OK
- Insert the Honda key into blade skimmer key slot.
- Identification > > Identification Reading completed.
- Key cutting codes are 41335351.That’ s what you need to cut for a new one.
- Precise and fast.
Review3: Decode Honda HON66 OK
- Tried another key.
- Optical identification > > BMW > > 335 > > HU92R > > OK
- Inserted the BMW key into key reader slot.
- Identification > > Identification Decoded it successfully.
- Key codes: 23124224 It’ s good and accurate again.
Review4: Decode Mercedes HU64-2 OK
- Go on to try another key blade.
- Optical identification > > Acura > > TL > > HON66 > > OK
- Put the HON66 into Xhorse Blade Skimmer.
- Identification > > Identification
- Identifying successful.
- It gives all the key cutting codes: 335551, 431131.
- That’ s it, simple & all correct.
- This is the last Mercedes key to test.
- Optical identification > > Mercedes > > all key blank > > HU64-2 > > OK
- Put the key into key reader slot for reading.
- It reads successfully again.
- Bitting codes: 1231355313
- All correct again.
This task is very simple to complete. It only takes about 8 seconds to get the codes for cutting the key. I don’ t need to use Dolphin tracing probes anymore.
Also, there is a Cut button that can control the key cutting machine directly.
This means the Key Reader has sent the information of the key shape to Dolphin for direct cutting. This way, it can work perfectly with Xhorse key cutting machine