Xhorse Key Tool Max Pro Add New Key to BMW CAS3+
Learn how to easily add a new key to your BMW CAS3+ system using the powerful Xhorse Key Tool Max Pro. This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions, allowing you to program and synchronize a new key with your BMW vehicle, ensuring seamless functionality and convenience.
As is known to all, Xhorse Key Tool Max Pro has added a new function of BMW CAS3+ key programming. Now let’s see how it can program new key for BMW CAS3 using OBD cable, without Mini OBD Tool.
There are 3 main steps:
Step 1: Read key information
Step 2: Prepare the dealer key with a programmer
Step 3: Add a key
Connect VVDI Key Max Pro to vehicle via OBD cable
Insert the original key to start the car.
Enter Key Tool Max main menu
Click in turn IMMO Programming>> BMW>> Automatically diagnose models>> program immo
It is detected that the current system type is CAS3++ (ISTAP), and it is about to enter the system operation interface, please wait a moment.
Step1: Read key information
Follow the instructions to choose the add key method (add keys or all keys are lost)
Click YES to select Add Key
Confirm vehicle information
The state of the ignition switch is now key 1
Continue to program immo
- The operation needs to install CAS on the vehicle, and the operation on the platform may cause the steering lock to failure
- The current CAS is the ISTAP version. We need to flash the CAS firmware to continue OBD operation
- It takes about 10 minutes to flash the firmware. Make sure your laptop and car have enough battery.
- Suggestion1: If the car is low powered, give the car an extra power supply.
- Suggeition2: If you have enough time and you can read the CAS flash and eeprom before proceeding.
Press Yes to start flashing the CAS firmware
- The dealer key should be removed from the ignition switch.
- If the key is keyless, remove it from the vehicle.
- If the ignition key is not present, continue anyway
Take out the original key, press OK to continue
Save the key information with a new filename
Step2: Prepare the dealer key with a programmer in advanced
- Insert the original key into the ignition switch and turn on to program
- Take out the original key to continue
- Read data successfully
- Both key 1 and key 2 are keys used by PCF7953
Step 3: Add a Key
- Select an unused action (e.g. key 3)
- The CAS key data has been encrypted, and it is supported to make a dealer key for it, press OK to continue
- Put the new key into the Key Tool Max Pro programmer detection position
- Confirm whether the current key is a smart key
- Successfully crafted a dealer key
- This function adds new key to IMMO
- Need to execute ‘Generate dealer key- Use programmer’ function to generate key
- Put the new key into VVDI Key Max Pro again
- At the same time, confirm whether the current key is a smart key
- Remove the original key from the ignition and continue
- Write data successfully
Now the new dealer key is successfully written into the CAS system
- Start the engine with a new key to check if it can be used
- The car and the remote work fine
- Read key information again
Now the state of the ignition switch is key3
Now, BMW CAS3+ Key added by Xhorse VVDI Key Tool Max Pro has no problem.
VVDI Key Tool Max with Mini OBD also performs the same function as Key Tool Max Pro.
Check: BMW CAS3 Add Key Perfectly by Xhorse Key tool Max and VVDI Mini Prog.